Senior Manager, Strategic IT & Operations
Topic : Infrastructure Consolidation from an International Regulatory Perspective
Patrick Ryan is a senior manager in Oliver Wyman’s Strategic IT & Operations practice, based in Singapore. Patrick has over 13 years of experience in information technology across strategy, architecture and operations transformation. Prior to joining Oliver Wyman, Patrick was with Lloyds Banking Group as Head of IT Strategy, and Accenture as a manager in their Strategic IT Effectiveness and Global Architecture practices.
Patrick holds a masters degree with high honours in business administration from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and a bachelor of arts in economics from Northwestern University.
Recent relevant project experience
- Enterprise-wide risk IT architecture review and strategic planning project, focused on Basel compliance and best practice capabilities, delivering a comprehensive target state design and an implementation roadmap.
- Operational due diligence for a private equity investment in an insurance brokerage company, focused on IT platform ability to support efficiency and effectiveness initiatives across the organisation.
- Capital market risk IT architecture quality assurance assessment, focused on Basel 3 readiness and comparison against best practices.
- Due diligence and post-merger integration, including leading the IT strategy for the largest financial services acquisition in Europe, focusing on technology and organisational integration, and synergy identification and planning.
- Target operating model consolidation and transformation, including lead for a detailed organisation design and implementation project for a leading UK bank.
- IT outsourcing strategy for leading UK bank, including identification and sizing of new opportunities, vendor negotiations and consolidation of suppliers.
- Technology strategy for a leading UK bank, defining the target state for IT across the group and the roadmap to achieve it, with the objective to simplify and consolidate the IT footprint (applications and infrastructure) to achieve cost and operational benefits and enhanced business capabilities.
- Developed the IT components of a mortgage business strategy, focusing on identifying sustainable competitive advantages, aligning opportunities and developing a target business model.
- Delivered the strategy for an internet bank transformation initiative, including roadmap, target architecture and business case.
- Led a strategic review of an infrastructure refresh programme for a leading mobile telecommunications company in the UK. Developed a recovery plan and approach for revitalising the programme and deliver business benefits according to schedule.
- Developed an enterprise-wide information management strategy and business case for a major government department in the Republic of Ireland. Made technical, procedural and organizational recommendations as part of a holistic, 5 year plan for a series of initiatives to improve the Department’s ability to service their customers and reduce operating costs.
- Led a strategic infrastructure assessment for a leading telecommunications provider in Australia, focusing on data centre cost effectiveness and profitability of related commercial products. Delivered a strategy to consolidate infrastructure assets, improve profitability of hosting products and organisation and process enhancements.